The APA Long Island Section invites you to attend a FBC 101 Course. Do not miss this unique opportunity to attend a FBC course located in our region!
WHEN: December 9th, 8AM- 4:30PM
- WHERE: Marriott Residence Inn (Media Center), 9 Gerhard Rd, Plainview
- COST: $150 (including light breakfast and lunch)
- CM credits have been requested.
- REGISTER NOW
Huge price discount, do not miss this opportunity!
Corporate sponsorship available, please contact Ela for more details.
FBC 101 is an intensive one-day class where participants learn:
- the basics of form-based codes
- the need for zoning reform
- the required and optional components of FBCs
- their legal basis
- the process for developing a local code.
Instructors: Joel Russell, Executive Director of FBCI and Mary Madden, Chair of the Board of the Form-Based Codes Institute
Instructors combine lecture and classroom discussion with case studies and an interactive, hands-on exercise to develop basic building form standards. Participants learn the basic elements of an effective FBC and the range of contexts in which they have been used around the country. This course will provide special emphasis on issues unique to New York state, particularly the interplay between form-based code writing and implementation and the State Environmental Quality Review Act and opportunities to use form-based codes in connection with Transit-Oriented Development.