Nelson, Pope & Voorhis, LLC (NP&V) is an environmental and planning consulting firm located in Melville, Long Island, New York. NP&V effectively serves clients in complex environmental project management and planning consulting. The firm utilizes top quality management, professional staffing and resources, as well as our vast collective experience to serve private and municipal clients on Long Island and within the New York Metropolitan Area in all aspects of land use planning and environmental analysis. NP&V works collaboratively with our affiliated civil engineering, survey, and architectural firms and we have a dedicated and diverse staff with a multitude of skills and interests which results in a dynamic work environment, team collaborative efforts, and high quality products. Our Environmental & Community Planning Division has a diverse range of projects, including Blueway Trail design, downtown revitalization studies and other long range regional planning efforts, niche market and branding, Brownfield Opportunity Area studies, LWRPs, and Economic & Market Trend studies. In addition, the division provides grant writing and administration and municipal review services for a number of Long Island towns & incorporated villages.
For information about NP&V, please visit www.nelsonpopevoorhis.com.
NP&V is seeking an experienced planner to join our Environmental & Community Planning Division. The individual must have an in-depth knowledge of planning principles and the ability to formulate and communicate realistic solutions to complex land use and zoning issues both visually and in written form. The ideal candidate will have outstanding graphic capabilities, and the ability to produce high quality graphic products to support narrative in planning documents and bring planning concepts/recommendations to life.
The position requires:
- Broad planning experience that includes a number of the following: project management, long range planning projects, build out analyses, site development, brownfield redevelopment, site feasibility and zoning analyses, municipal review of site plans and subdivisions, creation and/or application of design guidelines, principles of sustainable design, and knowledge of NY State environmental laws and procedures.
- Demonstrated graphic skills (including proficiency with the use of state of the art graphic, photographic, design and other artistic techniques and technologies including Adobe Creative Suite, Google Sketch Up, and/or others).
- Ability to analyze and apply municipal zoning codes.
- Understanding of government processes on various levels (Long Island municipalities, NY State, and federal).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and demonstrated presentation skills.
A bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture or related field and a minimum of five years of full time professional planning experience. Experience with the preparation of demographic analysis, fiscal, economic and market trends analyses a plus. Membership in a professional organization (APA, AIA or other) and AICP certification preferred.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, graphic product samples, writing samples, and salary history/requirements to the management team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nelson, Pope & Voorhis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.