The APA LI Section, Town of Babylon and the Suffolk County Downtown Citizens Committee are co-sponsoring a walking tour of downtown Wyandanch on October 26, 2015 from 4:30pm – 5:30pm. We hope you can join us! Space is limited so please RSVP soon to Eric Zamft, AICP, Project Manager, ToB Office of Downtown Revitalization at email@example.com.
[1 CM Credit has been requested]
Tour Details and Itinerary
The Tour will begin at the southeast corner of 40 Station Drive (the completed new construction just north of the train station) at 4:30pm. Participants may park in the off-street parking behind 40 Station Drive in any of the stalls marked ‘2 HR parking or Wyandanch Village Resident Parking’ – these are located towards the back of the parking lot. Greetings and Introductions at 40 Station Drive –
Speakers: Regina Zara (Chair of the Suffolk County Downtown Citizens Advisory Panel), Jonathan Keyes (Director of Town of Babylon Office of Downtown Revitalization), Sean Sallie (Director of the APA Metro Chapter Long Island Section)
- Walk to Wyandanch Parking Facility (4:35 – 4:45)
- Walk to LIRR Overpass (4:45 – 4:55). Photo op!
- Walk west on Long Island Ave to Wyandanch Community Resource Center (4:55 – 5:02)
- Continue to Wyandanch Post Office (5:02 – 5:05)
- Cross Straight Path to Straight Path Medians (5:05 – 5:07)
- Continue across Straight Path to George Sims Plaza. Walk north up Garden City Avenue. Turn right onto Long Island Avenue. Turn left on Straight Path back across the tracks, and proceed to redevelopment Site. (5:07 – 5:12)
- Tour Plaza, 10 Station Drive, 40 Station Drive area (5:12 – 5:25)
- Q&A at 40 Station Drive, led by Jonathan (5:25 – 5:30)
For additional information, please also feel free to contact Eric Zamft, AICP, Project Manager, ToB Office of Downtown Revitalization at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you on the 26th!!